Social Media Screening | FirstPoint Background Screening
Social Media for Background Screening… Are you using it legally in the hiring process?
SOCIAL MEDIA SCREENING SERVICES
The Reality: Social Media has fundamentally changed HR. According to Careerbuilder.com, over 45 percent of hiring managers use social media research to validate or supplement information provided on a resume.
- Offers a treasure trove of information that can improve your hiring results.
- Provides deeper insight into both professional and personal characteristics of candidates.
- Can help identify negative behaviors and activities to safeguard the organization.
- Uncovers positive attributes of candidates.
The Challenge: The legal pitfalls associated with utilizing social media in the hiring process should not be ignored. For example, a company can face liability issues under federal Jaw if a hiring manager is exposed to a candidate’s “protected class” information during the screening process, potentially resulting in allegations of discrimination.
The Solution: FirstPoint Social Media Screening provides employers with the benefits of using social media for employment screening while reducing the legal exposure of conducting these searches internally.
- Evaluates job candidates for negative and positive online activity based on client’s pre-defined criteria.
- Obtains job relevant information from social media sites while preserving fair and consistent hiring.
- Combines automated Deep Web technology with manual, multi-tier analyst review.
- Filters out information that is prohibited from the hiring process, complying with FCRA, EEOC, Title VII and state laws.
- Provides active monitoring of current employees’ online profiles.
- Takes the guesswork out of deciphering unorganized Internet results.
- Delivers simple, easy-to-understand results.